1 ) Wet the hair generously before cutting and towel dry.
2) Comb hair to remove any tangles and to get an idea of how and where to cut.
3) Trim the back of the head first and get that nice crisp line with a small clipper.Use also around the ears. Consult the guy about how short he would like it to be.
4) Comb the hair forward and make an imaginary line down the center of his head, as if it were in between his eyes separating the right side from the left side.
5)Pull the hair up in between your fingers where your imaginary line is, and cut to desired length (usually as tall as your finger is against his head).
6)After cutting your entire line, comb hair forward again and begin at the very front of the head. You should notice the length difference where you just cut.
7) Using that as your guide, make another “line” to either the right or left of your original one and begin cutting again as described in above steps.
8) Comb one last time after the entire head has been trimmed. Look over to make sure no spots were missed or to touch up any areas a little more.